Improper removal of ticks greatly increases the risk of acquiring tick-borne infections. Squeezing the tick or putting substances on the tick to try to make it “back out” may aggravate it enough that it injects into you whatever disease organisms are inside it.
• Do not burn or use any substance on tick
• Do not grasp, squeeze, or twist body of tick
• Grasp tick close to the skin with tweezers
• Pull tick straight out
• Use antiseptic on skin
• Disinfect tweezers
• Wash hands thoroughly
• Always see a physician for possible diagnosis, testing, and treatment
• If desired, can save tick for testing, preferably alive, in a zippered plastic bag or a closed container with a moist cotton ball.
If you would like to send it in to a research facility to get tested to see if it carries the disease contact me or you can find it online too.
Just sending little reminders as May is LYME AWARENESS MONTH!
Praying for all the many lymies out there! Keep fighting, you can do it! Let God help you!